We went to the burned out area of Warm Lake on Memorial Day to hunt for merrel mushrooms with my parents Grandma Annalee and Grandpa Bruce. Preston thought the mountains were sooo awesome! I didn't know there were so many good rocks to eat..

They were kosher dogs. I had never had that kind but they were quite tasty. We sharpened willow branches for our pokers. Why don't willow branches ever grow very long? Maybe they know we use'em for roasting and they laugh at how we singe our hair off..hmm..maybe...

And of course we burned-I mean toasted marshmallows.

Sydney didn't try any.She thought they were a bit suspicious..but Preston downed quite a few...OK,I ate a bunch too as you can see.

We even saw deer! Can you spot them-there are actually 3. (I can only see one in this picture too...but there were 3 when I took the picture...?)

This hill was really quite steep. Sydney was having a blast and literally held my finger and dragged me up it with Preston on my back. It was kinda slick too because after the burn they sprinkled hay over all the ground and it was slippery.
Sydney with her grip on my finger and Preston following close behind...
Here is the gorgeous view from the top.

Well, after a full day of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows,hiking up mountains,picking mushrooms,seeing deer,playing in the snow, and walking in cold water....
Preston was asleep in less than 2 minutes and Sydney was out in 8 minutes.(really,I watched the clock and that is exactly the timing...Sydney was zoned out by 5 minutes but she fought for a bit... :) )

What a fun packed day.Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment