Monday, December 20, 2010

Catching Up on December!

Here are a few posts in one.
They are just some fun, cute pictures I wanted to share...


I went shopping with Preston to pick out Christmas presents for Sydney.
I was pushing Lexi in the stroller so he went on a train ride, "all by myself!"


Can you find him in this one?
(This was at Multi Centro Mall)

Here we are making our ornaments for the Christmas tree-
This tradition was actually started the first time we came to Panama
in 2007 when Sydney was 2 years old.
(And Preston would have been 9 months...And no Lexi...)

They are now baked and ready for paint!


So our tree has undergone a few redecoration episodes...
Although I am used to the humidity, I still know it is here because
things get soggy...The ornaments for example, instead of staying hard and crispy
swelled up and became very mushy-So we had to take them down because the weight of the cookie was making the strings cut through the hole and they were falling off!


Here we are taking them down...but had to get a quick picture first!

See how fat they are?


We turned to candy canes, (they are a bit sticky but o.k.),
added a paper chain, and then drew paper ornaments and painted them,
this is what we have ended up with:

It was still super fun making all the different decorations-
It's just funny because the paper ones even feel soggy,
but they don't fall off!
(Lexi loves the colorful twinkle lights!)


Here is a beach trip we made a few weeks ago.
It was Lexi's first time actually sitting on the sand without
a chair to keep her from it. I just kept telling myself,
"Preston survived-Preston survived---"



She absolutely loved it of course!


Christmas is such a fun time and great opportunity for being crafty!
(and when Doris is around I gotta keep busy with something-
anyone else wanna move down now? ...hehe.. =) )
So we made stained glass windows!
Pretty nifty eh?

No comments: