Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home School

We love having home-school!
Sydney gets this little blue table ready with their chairs and all their workbooks everyday. I love her excitement to learn. It keeps me motivated to come up with creative ideas. Since it is October our lessons have revolved around the Halloween theme...so fun!



Our sweet Sydney-Kindergarten Gal!
She is showing off her new jelly shoes.
They were originally $0.75, but they were on sale for $0.50! She has a play cash-register and is learning about money for our math lessons. She also says she wants to be a cashier when she grows up-"cause they get all the money.." ;)

Preston-Da ladies man!
He is doing so great learning his shapes and numbers.
He still has plenty of time for pre-school so he has fun helping with our projects and drawing.



We made word houses to help learn word families: The -AN family, The -IG family, etc..
Preston put shapes in his house.
But since it is Halloween-they are HAUNTED word houses!
Can you see the scary ghosts?



We are also learning about the solar system. This is the beginning of our solar system we are hanging in their room. It is the sun and mercury. I had a picture with the kids in it but Preston was in his undies showing of his muscles...so all you get are the planets.
I've always wanted to make a solar system!



This is our "Smash the Pumpkins" game. (Halloween theme again ;) ) It is waaaaay fun!
It is helping Sydney learn her site words. I say a word and she has to swat it...cool eh?


We are having fun keeping it real! I'm always open for more ideas!

No comments: