Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Going to the States!

And we're OFF!
On our spontaneous trip back to the States!
Since it was time to renew our Visas we had originally planned to cross the
border into Costa Rica. However, they had just passed a new law that says you can not
take a car across the border unless you are a Panamanian resident.
We learned this on Wednesday night, got tickets for the States Thursday morning,
flew out Sunday....(We had to leave by Tuesday or else.... =) )
So here we go!
Spirits are good, bellies are full, health is top notch-
This will be fun!

We got on the airplane at 2:00pm, Sunday Feb.20, so we were well rested, had lunch,
and we were super excited to see everyone.
We had no problem with luggage or security and the kids were very helpful!
They helped look for the gate letters and numbers on the signs and kept close to
me holding onto the stroller. Boarding was a piece of cake except
Prestons ticket was selected for a "random security search," so that
was interesting. They ended up searching all of us, and our backpacks.
The kids were each carrying thier own with goodies and what not, and I had mine
with extra stuff as well. But it was harmless enough and people were very patient.=)
The kids also found our seats by watching the numbers on the rows.
They sat buckled, when the buckle light was on, and
colored, ate snacks, and played with playdough the whole time. There were no fits or
embarrassing moments. These kids know how to travel!
At our layover in Houston customs went by fairly fast. We ate at Wendy's then
boarded our flight to SLC. It was very late and arrived into SLC at 12:10 am!
The kids slept the entire flight. Preston did not even bother waiting for the
airplane to take off! He was out! I was able to read my nook book with
Lexi sleeping peacefully on my lap...It was very nice!
Upon arriving, after midnight, my sweet sister Jessi was nice to
come and get us. She had plenty of coats and blankets!! We made it back to her house
about 2:00am, (4:00am Panama time), and crashed in her basement.
After sleeping in till *8:00AM* (Ya, like 4-5 hours of sleep after12+ hours
of traveling.....sheesh...;-) )
We immediately had to go out and play in the snow!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!
These picture say it all!
It was sooo fun!


These girls were so funny-They rode this pony around forever
The best part was when he put his head down to eat grass the girls
would fall off over the top of him, land on the soft snow,
and giggle and giggle and giggle!
The Shock boys had planned to go on an ultimate ski day-
but they held off and stayed home to play with us for the day.
Thanks boys! It was so much fun!!!



It was not until this time that I decided to tell my mom..hehe..hehe.....
A few people had found out, I wont name names, that we were coming. 
Yet my own, precious, sweet, innocent, mother thought we would be
going across the Costa Rica boarder to update our Visas.
Which at the time I talked to her was the plan. I did not lie, just for the record. =)
So scheme after scheme, plan, after plan, I was trying to figure out a way to suprise her.
She is such a fun, easy target...hehe...It just boiled down to a phone call. 
But it worked-boy did it WORK!! 
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Jessi had just called her and said she would call back in 10 minutes.
Well, after 10 minutes, I called her back. She though I was Jessi for a looong time...
And then it was silent.
So I quickly explained myself and the quick change of travel plans,
inviting her to say something and interrupt me at any time, but about 5 minutes of me
jabbering she still had not responded. I asked her to blink
once for hi and twice for anything else....
And then she said,
"What a dirty trick..."
HA HA HA! I am chuckling still-even as I write this! Awwww...What a glorious moment!
It was priceless.
I love you mom!!!! =)
About 4 hours later mom showed up at Jessi house to hang out with us-It was pure bliss!
After a few days we decided we had better get to Boise to see everyone else too. ;-)
Lets just say it was a nice, quiet car ride all 4 hours!
Keep posted for the Boise trip-Coming to your inbox soon!
(Thought I would break up the trip or it could be realllly looong...) =)

No comments: